Moist Chocolate Cake By The Chocolate Queen
We’ve come up with a delicious moist Chocolate Cake recipe with a mouth watering twist!! Our delicious Chocolate Cake has been celebrated each time our Ex-Cadburys staff of Dunedin hit another goal on our fundraising efforts to support New Zealanders mental health and wellness. We believe it is so important to celebrate every tiny win no matter how small or big. We all want to be successful in our goals but along the journey to reaching our big and ambitious goals, we can feel demotivated sometimes. This is why celebrating small wins along the way is so important in giving us motivation to push through difficulties and move forward. Break your big goals down and keep celebrating every small win!!
Moist Chocolate Cake by The Chocolate Queen
1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
¾ cup water
2 cups white sugar
1 ¾ cup standard flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ cups fresh milk
½ cup sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (lower temp to 160 for fan forced.) Grease and line a 23-25 cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in water, then place all ingredients into a food processor and process unit well combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven for around 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and when cold, slice in half with a bread knife, ice the centre with your favourite Chocolate Spread.
Pink Buttercream Icing
2 cups icing sugar
115g butter, softened
½ tsp vanilla essence
1-2 tbsp fresh milk
- Cream the butter with half the icing sugar, the vanilla and the milk.
- Beat unit smooth and then gradually beat in the remaining icing sugar to give a good spreading consistency.
- Add in Pink food colouring, only a few drops at a time unit desired colour is created.
Happy baking everyone, don’t forget to celebrate your tiny wins, and try out our delicious “The Baker” Gift Box on Megan Fairley Chocolate Queen packed full of the most yum brownie mix from our friends at Flour & Dough.
Thanks again for your amazing support!! M xx